The Marriage License Application Worksheet may be completed, printed and brought to our office – cost is $15.00
read the article http://travelsmartwoman.com/tag/food/ Requirements for a marriage license issued by Hall County:
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry in the state of Nebraska if you are under 17.
- Parental consent is required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years of age. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk’s Office.
- Presenting photo identification is required. A drivers license from any of the 50 states or a Nebraska ID card. Or a U.S. passport or a U.S. Military Card, or a Foreign Passport are acceptable forms of photo identification. Proof of citizenship or immigration status is neither relevant or required.
- We will also need to see a social security card, if a number has been issued to the applicant. The issuance of a social security number to either applicant is not required to obtain a Marriage License.
- Need to know birthplace of bride and groom.
- Need full names and birthplace of both parents.
- $15.00 cash only
- If applicant had a previous marriage, we will need to know the date the marriage ended, it has to be 6 months and 1 day from the date marriage ended before applicant can apply for another marriage license.
- Licenses are good for 1 year from the date of issuance.
- A couple may apply for their license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any other Nebraska county.
To receive a copy or a certified copy of a Hall County Marriage License you will need the following information:
- $1.00 for a copy
- $5.00 for a certified copy
- Name of Groom & Bride (including maiden name)
- Date of marriage
- Must be issued from Hall County to receive a copy
Mail a money order to:
Hall County Clerk’s Office
121 South Pine Street
Grand Island, NE 68801