1. The Fee for a Marriage License is $15.00. Applicants may prepay for a certified copy for an additional $5.00. The certified copy is required for the Bride to change her name on her driver’s license and for social security records to be changed.
2. One form of identification is required-such as a photo ID, driver’s license or passport.
3. Social security numbers of Bride and Groom, if no Social Security number then must sign affidavit in front of county clerk or deputy county clerk.
4. Applicants must supply the names of their parents (including mother’s maiden name), and their parent’s birthplace (City and State or foreign country).
5. If either Applicant is not of legal age (19), a notarized consent form must be signed by the Applicant’s father, mother, legal guardian or custodian, giving consent to the marriage of the minor. If the individual giving consent is a legal guardian or custodian, appropriate paperwork must be presented showing this relationship to the Minor. can you buy antabuse over the counter If either applicant is under 17 years of age, a license cannot be issued in the State of Nebraska.
6. The Marriage License is good for one year from the date of issuance anywhere in Nebraska. Your Marriage license must be obtained in the State in which you will be married. However, a license issued in one county in Nebraska can be used in any county in Nebraska.
7. There is no waiting period.
8. To be married by the County Court Magistrate or County Judge you may call the County Court (402-563-4905) to schedule an appointment.
9. All Marriage Licenses obtained in Nebraska are public record.
10. The application must be filled out completely and submitted in person to the Platte County Clerk’s Office at: 2610 14th Street, Columbus, Nebraska 68601
viagra offer 11. To receive a copy or a certified copy of a Platte County Marriage License you will need the following information:
- $.50 for a copy
- $5.00 for a certified copy
- Name of Groom & Bride (including maiden name)
- Date of marriage
- Must be issued from Platte County to receive a copy
Mail a Money Order to:
Platte County Clerk
2610 14th Street
Columbus NE 68601
If you have any questions, contact us by: