While most of the focus for your big day is usually on your wedding dress, it’s important not to forget about the other parts of your wedding look, like your veil and hairstyle. Sure, there are lots of ways to wear a veil, but it can be tricky to find the perfect hairstyle that will look and feel great. Avoid that veil tangle and find a ‘do that’s totally you and totally beautiful. Whether you’re wearing an heirloom piece or going for something trendy and chic, you’re sure to stand out with these veil-and-hairstyle matches on your special day!
Photo via Connie Lyu Photography
1. visit Chignon: If you’re looking for a hairstyle for your wedding that is both elegant and modern, look no further than the classic chignon. It works for many wedding styles, and adding a veil can make it more personalized. This gorgeous ‘do looks very complex, but it’s super simple to recreate and is great for mid-length or floor-length veils.
Photo via GM Photographics
2. cheap lasix 40 mg High Bun: Going for a more modern-ish look? Opt for a high bun with your veil. We’ve seen the trend on the streets lately, but this retro-style wedding hairstyle will maintain the wow factor you are going for.
Photo via Greg Finck Photography
3. Half Up: For a more stylish, girly look, try a half-up ‘do with your veil. This versatile style works well with most hair textures, and you’ll be able to use any type of veil your heart desires, whether it’s a birdcage veil, an add-on blusher, a chapel-length number or something completely new and innovative.
Photo via Joel Kennedy Photography
4. Loose Waves: Whether you’re going for a romantic, bohemian or beach-y look, soft, loose waves can be a fun DIY wedding hairstyle to create on your special day. For the perfect veil with loose waves, try the fingertip veil, which ends right at the ends of your hands when your arms are down by your side. This look will be darling, adding a bit of elegance without being as dramatic as an undo.
Photo via Rebecca Goddard Photography
5. Flower Crown: There’s something oh-so romantic about having flowers in your hair. Believe it or not, creating this look on your wedding day isn’t just for boho brides. With so many ways to add floral accessories to your hairstyle, it’s also easy to incorporate a veil as part of your overall style. And if you don’t want to do the flower-crown-and-veil combo, you could also opt for a veil during the ceremony and a floral crown for your reception to get the best of both worlds.
Photo via Tessa Kim/The Bride’s Diary
6. Short Hair: If you have short hair, try a birdcage veil and attach it using a simple, silk-wrapped headband. This short net or tulle piece covers only the bride’s eyes. You can also add a fascinator (read: fancy add-ons such as feathers and jewels) to your birdcage veil for a fancier twist.
Photo via Jen Huang Photography
7. Braid: Though it can often be overlooked, a braid-and-veil ‘do will take your look from casual to romantic in seconds. Try a milkmaid braid to get a cool, soft vibe on your wedding day. For a new twist on the milkmaid braid, tie loose knots in your hair until you run out of room and pin down. We promise you will love the results!